Open Practice June 6th Guidelines and Infobakersfield
Guidelines for Test and Tune Operations.
The following requirements will always be in place and participants are required to please follow them with no exceptions to participate. The Test and Tune will be held from 6pm-10pm. The pit gate will open at 5:00pm, while the grandstands and concessions will be closed.
The following guidelines/ requirements must be followed for all Test and Tune events until further notice.
At Home Preparation:
• In order to continue keeping Kern County safe, please clean and disinfect all equipment prior to arrival at the Bakersfield Speedway.
• It is highly recommended that all trucks, trailers, motorhomes, personal vehicles be actively disinfected through a wipe-down process by individual attendees prior to arrival to the Bakersfield Speedway.
• If you are or live with someone over the age of 65 or with underlying medical conditions, please consider staying home.
• If a participant or team member is sick or displays symptoms of COVID19- STAY HOME! Symptoms include fever, muscle pain, cough, headache, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, chills or repeated shaking with chills.
• Participants should wash hands with soap and water after being in a public place, after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing, preparing and/or consuming food.
• Participants should avoid touching their faces.
Check in at Bakersfield Speedway:
• Teams are limited to a total number of 5 people (4 in addition to the race car driver). Teams and participants are encouraged to arrive together in the same vehicle. Participants will be directed to designated pit areas.
• Participants will be required to sign the standard waiver/release as well as an additional COVID19 waiver/release. Do NOT exit your vehicle to walk up to the Pit Booth, you will be directed to exit your vehicle when you reach the gate.
• Parking is on a first come basis. If you desire to pit next to anyone special, please make plans to arrive at the same time so that can be accommodated.
• All teams will pit 8’ apart
• No personal vehicles in the pit area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• All participants will remain in their designated pit area and will adhere to the 6’ Social Distancing requirement from other participants.
• Participants will be allowed in the spectator area to watch their respective team car when it is on the track, but will need to vacate the area when their car exits the track.
• Participants will be allowed to bring their own food & beverages.
• Face masks are not mandatory but are highly encouraged.
Before & During Event:
• Officials will communicate with Participants over the PA system only.
• All Participants must load and leave immediately following the test and tune event.
PRINTABLE GUIDELINES AND INFO CLICK HERE